Do you love the miniaturize effect that is already built-in your camera. It give the effect that the image is a scale model.
Below are five easy step to add a miniaturize effect on your image:
1. Open image on Adobe Photoshop. The best image for miniature effect are shots from afar or from a distance.
2. create a duplicate layer of the back ground by pressing Ctrl-J
3. Use the Elliptical Marquee Tool or the Rectangular Marquee Tool (which ever you prefer) and drag around the part of the image you want to have the miniature effect, then press Ctrl-C then Ctrl-J. this will create a duplicate copy of the selected area
4. go back to the second layer which is the copy of the background, go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur ans set it from 15 to 20 or to your liking.
5. go to the third layer then add a Vector Mask and choose the brush tools and set the Opacity from 30% to 40%, make sure the Vector Mask is active then with a circular motion brush the edge of the image on the third layer to make a transition blur from the background to the foreground.
Then there you have it.